Sunday, July 18, 2010

Stay Connected

To everyone within the sound of my virtual voice...If there is someone you know--any friend or family member--that you haven't spoken to in weeks or months or years, please reconnect with them. Drop the argument, forget who's right or wrong--go ahead and make the call. Time and distance and attitude can rob you of your most precious moments--and people.
The last time I saw April I could scoop her up in my arms and toss her around like any loving uncle would...I talked to her father today for the first time in over 20 years and discovered that April went home to the Lord this past October...
I should have been there to teach her how to whistle and belch and shoot milk from her nose--all the things a decent uncle would teach his niece...in addition to sharing my faith, taking up for her in a fight and making sure she knows she can trust me.
But this blog isn't about me or April--it's about you...and yours.
Go ahead---make the call...

1 comment: